Joshua S. Reed
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT?
CALL US IF YOU ARE INJURED
Being involved in an accident can be stressful, especially the first time. Knowing what to do can make the process easier – and can even benefit your claim down the line. Our Knoxville personal injury lawyer has provided some useful tips below. If you have any questions about the information provided, don't hesitate to call the Law Office of Joshua S. Reed for answers.
Some important things to keep in mind after an accident:
- Check for injuries: First, check to see if you or anyone else is injured. Call for police and an ambulance if you require medical assistance at the scene. Wait for the police to arrive and get their badge numbers when they do arrive.
- Get information: Gather as much information as possible from the other parties, including insurance information, addresses, vehicle information (after a car, truck, bike, or motorcycle accident), details of the accident, etc. If there are witnesses, be sure to take down their contact information.
- Preserve evidence: Take pictures of the scene, the damage, and anything else that may be valuable. The more details and evidence you have regarding your accident, the better.
- Seek medical help: Even some minor injuries can lead to serious complications if left untreated. Some injuries show up only a few hours after the accident. We encourage you to seek medical help as soon as possible. If you wait too long to be treated for an accident-related condition, you may have a more difficult time recovering compensation.
- Seek legal help: Having an attorney guide you through the claims process can be helpful, especially when preparing your personal injury claim and negotiating with adjustors. Your attorney can tell you whether your claim is strong and whether a settlement offer is accurate.
Ready to discuss your legal options with an injury attorney in Knoxville? Call to start with a FREE consultation.