Personal Service Throughout Your Injury Claim
In Tennessee, the traffic laws and rules of the road that drivers must abide by also apply to bicyclists. This includes yielding, right-of-way laws, and sharing the roads. If a driver is negligent and fails to follow these basic rules and injures a cyclist, then they may be held liable for the accident. Were you injured by a negligent driver? Our Knoxville bicycle accident attorney can talk to you about your claim and how you can seek compensation.
Bicycle accidents often occur due to drivers who:
- Fail to yield
- Ignore traffic signs
- Drive distracted
- Drive drunk
- Make unsafe left turns
- Rear end cyclists while backing out of parking lots or driveways
- Slam car doors into cyclists
- Collide into cyclists in the bike lane
How were you injured? Tell us during a FREE consultation.
Compassionate Counsel from an Avid Cyclist
Our lead attorney, Joshua Reed, has been an avid cyclist for the last 15 years. He regularly commutes by bicycle and has competed in road, mountain bike, and cyclocross races. Mr. Reed is passionate about cycling as a form of fitness and fun.
In 2011, Mr. Reed himself was injured in a residential Knox County neighborhood when a careless driver failed to yield the right-of-way, causing a devastating collision. After the accident, Mr. Reed suffered from both a back injury and a fractured shoulder.
He understands the cycling culture and the challenges that cyclists face when sharing the roads with cars every day. The stark reality is that many motorists are not used to sharing the roads with bikes and motorcycles. He understands firsthand what it's like to be injured and what his clients are going through.
Bicycle Safety Tips
- Wear a helmet. Helmets help protect your brain and your head from severe injuries. Make sure that your helmet is fitted and strapped on properly.
- Be visible. Being visible to cars is important, especially when riding at night. Wear bright clothing, have reflective markings, or lights on your bike so drivers can see you.
- Do an equipment check. Check whether your tires are properly inflated, if your brakes work, and be sure to make sure your bike is in optimal shape to ride.
- No distractions. Be aware of your surroundings, watch for road debris or hazards, and stay alert at all times. Avoid wearing headphones, talking on your phone, or any other distractions.
Treating Every Client with Courtesy & Respect
At the Law Office of Joshua S. Reed, we make it a priority to treat every client with courtesy, kindness, and respect. Mr. Reed personally handles every case from start to finish. You will never be handed off to a staff member, junior associate, or anyone with less experience. Your case gets the undivided and hands-on attention directly from our lead personal injury lawyer.
If you are suffering from injuries such as the following after a bicycle accident, call us:
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones/fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Facial injuries (damaged teeth, scarring, etc.)
No matter how severe your bicycle accident injuries are, it is important that you seek compensation for your losses. Our Knoxville injury attorney may be able to help you recover compensation for your damaged bike, rehabilitation costs, medical bills, lost wages, and other costs of your serious or catastrophic injury.
Talk to Mr. Reed about your bicycle accident today.